Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Paranormal Activity

I decided to use my fall break to go to the movies. We have been doing a lot reading plays in our class so I decided to go to the movies and let them tell the story rather than just reading it. I chose to see Paranormal Activity because all of my friends made it out to be a real scary movie as apposed to the gory movies that people call scary. Now I don't try to be a real manly man but these movies are usually so beyond fake that I actually laugh at what is on the screen because it is so ridiculous. If amateur camera work makes you nauseous then this movie is not for you because it is based on an average guy carrying around his camera to record any possible ghost activity. Now I watched this movie with my girl friend and she thought it was beyond freaky, but I have never been one to believe in any form of ghost or ghouls or even demons for that matter and it seemed to me that the entire movie was about a few slightly creepy things like a door moving on its own or keys moved off of the counter and on to the floor. It quickly ends with a scene involving the girl becoming possessed and thats as far as I am going in case any body hasn't seen it but I enjoyed the ending. Now I didn't realize that a large number of people actually believed such things could exist and if they did that they could actually interact with or harm living beings. It is a little ridiculous that so many people can believe these things in my opinion, and I hope they realize it. I also hope that Hollywood will come out with a true "Scary" movie instead of gory flicks or these amateur film maker investigation type stories.