Monday, November 30, 2009

Ticketmaster Sucks

So my girlfriend really wanted to go see the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular. I went to ticketmaster.com to buy the tickets intending to spend around $150 after all of the online fees and things. I get to looking for tickets and find 2 for $54 after all the fees. I checked the date and put my card information. The site then decided to make me certify my Visa card whatever that means and it took more than 10 minutes to process and eventually timed out my order.I went through the same process a second time and that time it correctly processed my order. The next day, the day I ordered the tickets for, I read my email and I had one from ticket master telling me to review my show. I read more into it and somehow their website let me buy tickets to a show that was already over by the time I finished placing my order. I called Ticketmaster to see if they could help me. The first lady I talked to was very pleasant and tried to help me but her boss said there was nothing they could do. I asked to talk to her boss and after 10 minutes on hold a rude "what do you want" was the greeting I received. I explained that the website let me purchase tickets for a show that was already over and that I wanted tickets to another show and she said "well you read the confirmation page wrong so its your fault that you ordered the wrong tickets" and proceeded to hang up on me. I called back and asked for the supervisor again and the same woman answered. After nearly 5 minutes of arguing with her I asked for her boss. She told me that she did not have a boss and that she was in charge. My response to that statement was to ask her if she was the owner of ticketmaster and her response to that was to hung up again. I sent an email to ticketmaster customer service and sales department and 3 days later I still have not gotten a response I guess my next step is to call the Better Business Bureau and hope they can help me work this out.