Monday, October 12, 2009

YouTube meet Tennessee Williams

I decided I wanted to be creative and maybe do something with "The Glass Menageri” and want to do it as a YouTube video because I have never tried it before and that way other people outside of our class can see it. I want to include scenes like Tom at the movies and him at work writing some poetry. I want to take the scenes with Tom and his mother arguing over his smoking and leaving every night. thought the play was a little depressing so I am going to try and make it funny with some creative new dialog and I will set it much farther in the future than the 1930's, and change the city from landlocked St. Louis to a much more distant Juno Alaska. I will change the challenges of the play, but will keep the major issues of reality versus fantasy, and personal imprisonment, but will probably change up the Jim and Laura story to where there really is a connection between characters rather than Jim being engaged or unavailable. I will combine animation and still photo's to tell this story as well as provide dialog changes so that people won’t feel like they are watching a boring remake of an old play.


Word Count 175