Monday, November 16, 2009

A Worn Path

“A Worn Path” by Eudora Welty, is a story of a grandmother who takes a journey to get medicine for her grandson. On the way to town she goes through some tough times on her journey. After reading the story, watching the movie, and hearing the author talking about the story the point of view stayed the same. The story itself left it up to the imagination to help figure out what Phoenix may have looked like but the movie made her out to be frailer than I had even imagined. The movie kept with the story as far as her journey is concerned and the hunter part of the story made more sense. The story didn't make Phoenix seem as sneaky as the movie did but after rereading the story I the movie made me see Phoenix as more sneaky. Since the point of view didn't really change from the story too the movie I hoped the interview with the author would give me more insight on the story...It didn't. She reinforced the ideas I had on Phoenix except she made me see her as less sneaky then the movie made her out to be, and a little easier to relate to. She helped me see Phoenix more as a grandmother than either the story or the movie did but nothing more than that.